Weight: 236 with the cast on
Calories: 500 – 600
On the eve of the last day of the 40 day weight loss program that I’ve been following, I thought it would be fun to share a couple of the healthy but yummy recipes I’ve come to love during this 40 day journey. I have been hungry during this program and have eaten my fruit snacks each day except the days I drank wine. To change things up, I’ve made a version of fruit or apple cobbler that still keeps me on the program and is DELISH! Try this sometime for a snack or dessert and let me know how you like it: Low Sugar/Low Fat Fruit Cobbler Dessert
- 2 oz of Frozen Peaches 2 oz of Frozen Blueberries
- 1 packet of Sweet Leaf Stevia
- 2 tablespoons of Steele cut Oats
- Mix together in glass Pyres dish and back at 350 for 30 minutes.
You can mix the fruit up and use mixed berries or substitute 4 oz of cut up apples sprinkled with cinnamon to get more of a apple cobbler dessert. I just LOVE this and have it a couple of nights a week with a cup of tea. It totally curbs my sweet tooth and satisfies me. Another dish that I have come to love is my version of Lettuce Wraps.
- Cook 3 oz of cut up chicken breast or shrimp in a pan
- In a separate pan, take 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and melt it down
- Then add 1 teaspoon of diced garlic
- 1 oz of frozen onions
- 2 oz of raw spinach or broccoli slaw (you can find this near the salad bags in the produce section)
- Saute until the spinach cooks down then add the chicken to heat up. Take mixture and add it to lettuce cups. You don’t need any sauce because the coconut oil, garlic and onions make a nice sauce that makes the lettuce wraps taste great. The mixture makes enough to fill 3 or 4 lettuce cups.
I use “Green Pans” that I found at Target for a reasonable price. The Green Pans are non-stick but they aren’t harmful to humans or the environment. You don’t need to use oil to cook with them and they clean up with a wipe of a paper towel. I LOVE how easy that is! I would recommend picking up some green pans if you are planning on doing any kind of weight loss program or detox any time soon. If you get some, please let me know how you like them. I love mine and think you will too!